The Environmental/Agricultural Innovation category is intended to provide a means of sharing environmentally and/or agriculturally innovative ideas. These ideas may be new products, procedures, inventions, promotional projects, community events, etc.
Pertinent Information and Definitions
Please be sure to read the Entry Rules and General Requirements for all participants, available here
Definition of Innovation
In terms of this category, an innovation is something that addresses an observed (real-world) or theoretical agricultural or environmental problem in some new manner
- It may include ways to minimize environmental impact and protect ecosystems and biodiversity
- It can include such issues as ecological restoration, green building, product stewardship, pollution prevention, eco-efficiency, agricultural management, enhancement, etc.
- The innovation should provide benefits over current methods.
- This may be a physical construction, a procedure, a community event, or something else
An entry should include a plan of implementation
A plan for implementing the innovation usually includes the following types of information:
- A time line
- Partnerships or required resources
- Budgetary considerations
- Comparison of existing methodologies
- A description of the innovation, including steps necessary to implement or create
The plan may include promotional material or concepts that would assist in implementing the innovation
Entry, Review, and Judging
An entry in this category will be reviewed and judged on the following:
- Entry rules and general requirements judging points
- Description of the problem or issue
- Review of plan of implementation
- Preparation and display of information about the innovation
Additional items which will affect the review and judging conclusions
- Originality and/or innovative approaches or concepts
- Understanding of how the innovation addresses environmental concerns
- Consideration of tradeoffs between economics, efficiency, and sustainability
- Presentation of the innovation outside of this event
The presented display will be evaluated for consideration as part of the Creative Arts award category (see section 8)
Please review the judging rubric for this category, and the entry rules and general requirements for other items that may be considered.